Music and Reviews from Clare, Limerick, Waterford and sometimes further afield

Sunday, September 19, 2010

String Project launched at Scoil Chriost Ri

Crisost Ri Strings

Class Blog 14th September. Lesson 1

I received a warm welcome when I called to see Mr McMahon’s class on Monday to introduce myself and the violin . I was delighted to that many of them can play the tin whistle and I look forward to hearing them play some of their tunes .

The first violin class took place after break on Tuesday 14th .

We learned how to hold our violins comfortably in playing and rest position, how to stand while playing and very important how to bow to our audience.

We warmed up with some finger exercises . Next we learned the names of the strings and how to play pizzicato to a steady beat .

Finally we were introduced to all the other members of the bowed string family Viola, Cello and Double Bass .

Composer corner today featured Italian composer Vivaldi and featured piece was ist movement of Winter , Violin Concerto .

The students paid excellent attention throughout and I can’t wait to see them for lesson 2 .
Bravo ! tutti

No comments:

Post a Comment