Music and Reviews from Clare, Limerick, Waterford and sometimes further afield

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ennis Street Festival: Art Exhibition June 29th 2012


Juggling  on Ennis Streets Ana Colomer 

Driving past the cathedral on Friday evening, I noticed a flurry of activity in Tom Mannion's travel agency premises. Closer inspection revealed  a gathering of amateur artists of Ana Colomer’s and José Croft’s art groups and their supporters,  celebrating the end of year exhibition . The walls were adorned with the work of a dozen or so artists, most of them in attendance to receive compliments. I spoke to Mary McMahon whose beautiful botanical study of waterlillies owed something to Monet. Among the other paintings that caught my eye was Thea's painting of  fiddlle player, John Sheehan.  There was a splendid cake in the style of artists' easel and as I was leaving piper, Mick  Coyne had arrived with some pals hinting at more merriment to follow.  On the way out, I met councillor Johnny Flynn, not an exhibitor but  a supporter of Ennis Street Festival since its' inception seven years ago.  I can report that there was a great buzz at this evening celebrating an arena of Clare's artistic endeavour . Bravo! Let me know when the next showing is .

No comments:

Post a Comment