Music and Reviews from Clare, Limerick, Waterford and sometimes further afield

Friday, September 10, 2010

Swinging Strings Launch at Ennis NS


Very busy week. My presence was requested at photocall on Wednesday for launch of string project. No posed shots here for award winning photographer and the session became in fact the first introductory lesson of string programme rather than merely a photo session. The kids were wonderful . Their level of concentration was excellent, really focussed on the class . I was delighted with them. Tom Glynn, Vice Principal was a natural on the double bass and I can't wait to begin the programme on 22nd.
It seems almost by magic the images of the previous day appear on the cover of today's Clare Champion and I am excited to see 'My Smiling face on the cover of ....' well not the Rollin Stone but even better than that 'The Clare Champion' and yes I will buy '5 copies for my mother' Wonderful PR work by musician and teacher ,Fiona de Butleir. John Kelly had some very interesting insights on photographing musicians, in particular Martin Hayes . John made the observation that the very best make their instruments seem like extensions of themselves . I couldn't agree more . The packing and unpacking of the bank went somewhat smoother than I wxpected but I had excellent help from my new students . Roll on the 22nd september . Briefing for teachers next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment