Music and Reviews from Clare, Limerick, Waterford and sometimes further afield

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ennis Singers' Club

Following the very entertaining theatrical piece based on the unusual life story of Johnny Patterson, circus performer and writer of ballads given by Barrabas Theatre Co. in Glor we made our way to Cois Na hAbhna to join the gathering for this month's meeting. The guest this month was John Quinn from Kilnaboy whose clear voice ranged through a selection of Irish and scottish songs, my favourite being Bheir Mé Ó . I was intrigued to read he was a member of a plainchant choir based in Corofin. I chatted with All Ireland Fleadh winner on harmonica Pauline Gavin Callinan about her new CD of harmonica duets. This is my second visit to this group and I enjoyed it and contributed myself on viola as I can only remember one verse of anything and wouldnt pass the Karaoke Rule

No comments:

Post a Comment